Capstone in Chemistry

CHEM-C 495


Senior standing, B.A. or B.S. program.


Independent study, under the supervision of a chemistry faculty member or appropriate academic advisor can be earned by completion of: (a) a chemical research project; (b) a library research project in an area of current scientific investigation; (c) a research investigation in industry; or (d) a service activity in university, government, public schools, or other science-related groups or organizations. Students will report the results of their activities in both a formal written report and oral presentation, prepare portfolios of undergraduate work in chemistry, discuss recent scientific literature, and explore chemistry in society.

Enrollment in the Capstone in Chemistry requires joint approval of the capstone instructor and the independent project advisor.